I'm back at it again feeding your matcha addiction with these matcha white chocolate chip cookies!
As the weather gets cooler, my urge to bake grows. I love to fill the house with warm and yummy smells. Because of it's powder form, matcha has been the easiest tea to bake with so far. It's extremely versatile and can be worked into almost any recipe! Here is the recipe I found. I've pasted it below as well with my personal modifications.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder from The Tea Spot
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, matcha, baking soda and salt)
- Cream the butter and sugar, feel free to use a hand mixer
- Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet mix
- Fold in white chocolate chips. NOTE: I used a whole bag which made the cookies very sweet. You may want to use less than a bag.
- Make balls with 1 tablespoon of batter and place on baking sheet several inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, let cool on sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack
These cookies are so simple and aren't dominated by the matcha taste. They turn out a fun greenish tint and the white chocolate chips pair well with the matcha.
Have you ever made a sweet with matcha? What is your fav?!