I did a little experiment this past weekend and I wanted to share it with you! I created these chocolates with matcha but I wanted them to be greener so I added white chocolate. I wanted to keep the semi sweet since I'm not the biggest white chocolate fan. The chocolates didn't turn out any greener but they were delicious!
1) Melt the butter! I would use a double boiler, I just put water in a pot, boil it and put a pan with the butter on top.
2) Place the chocolate chips into the pan and mix it around until it's all melted
3) Add the white chocolate chips to the mix and let them melt. I kept the white chocolate chips a little lumpy, you'll see why later.
4) Sift your matcha into the chocolate and mix it completley.
5) Using a spoon fill your heart silicone molds with chocolate
6) Put it in the freezer for 5 -10 minutes
7) Place the wooden sticks into each mold
8) Keep in freezer for an hour or two
I didn't let the white chocolate chips melt all the way so there would be chunks in each heart!
Although these aren't green like matcha, they are certainly delicious and the matcha flavor comes through!
Next, I'll fight my dislike of white chocolate and use only white chocolate so they will be green! Give this simple recipe a try and let me know how you like it!