I'm on the east coast so the weather is starting to get a bit chilly. Two of my favorite drinks to warm up are a hot cup of tea and a glass of whiskey neat. I've been thinking recently if there was a way to combine my two loves to get the best of both worlds...
I call it The WhiskTEA: Fall in a cup!
Okay, okay it's really just my version of a hot toddy :) I was really excited to make this with tea from a company I just discovered, For Tea's Sake. Of course, a company with a tea pun as the title made got me all giddy!
You only need a few ingredients for this simple drink.
The instructions are so simple, get ready to make a mug full of happiness!
- Gather ingredients
- Fill shot glass with your whiskey of choice and pour into a glass or mug. Make sure whatever you pour the drink in can withstand hot temperatures. If you'd like a stronger drink, feel free to use more whiskey ;)
- Boil water. Once boiled, pour water into a cup then place one teaspoon of the carnival ride tea blend into your infuser or sachet and place into the boiled water.
- Let tea brew for 5-6 minutes. This brewing time is specific to this tea blend.
- Once brewed, pour tea into glass/mug with whiskey in it.
- Add honey if you desire a sweeter taste (I sure did!)
- Place one or two cinnamon sticks into drink and let sit for a minute
- Enjoy this "fall in a cup" drink!
I chose to pair the carnival ride with the whiskey because it embodies the fall season. The blend includes apple pieces, hibiscus petals and rosehip pieces. The tea has a caramel apple taste and which creates a spiked apple cider tasting outcome.
If I were to do this recipe again, I would definitely try using a bourbon. Bourbons, especially Bulleit (mentioned earlier) have a bit of a spicy flavor that would go so perfectly with this drink!
Notes: If you choose to sweeten, don't overdue it!
Have you tried a spiked tea drink and liked it? Share with me!
I'm so excited to give you all the coupon code Naza15 which will give you a 15% off discount with your first online purchase from For Tea's Sake! Go out there and grab this tea and have yourself a cup of fall <3