Cocktail + Tea = CockTEAl
I tried another beautiful tea from Cai Cai and decided to have a little fun with it!
Needles is an organic Longjing green that has this beautiful feather like shape as you can see in the above image.
This tea has a more classically green tea aroma which to me, is very earthy. The finished brew is pretty light in color as you are only to steep it for 2 minutes.
The taste was very sweet and light just as I would have suspected from the color. I also felt as if there was a hint of butter in the flavor?
- Brew 2 Tablespoons of needles tea. Immediately after you pour the hot water over the leaves, place your sweetener of choice in the pot. This time I used rock sugar.
- Once brewed, let the tea cool.
- Find a good whiskey glass. The celebrate glass is from Rachel Allene's etsy shop
- Pour 2-3 dashes of bitters in your glass
- Pour 1-2 parts bourbon in your glass depending on desired strength of drink
- Pour 3-4 parts cooled needles and sugar mixture into your glass.
- Mix & Chill
I really like this combination. In all honesty, my favorite way to enjoy any good whiskey is neat BUT I do like to experiment. This mixture is great because the needles tea is light so it doesn't completely mask the flavor of the Bulleit.
This is perfect for someone who wants to enjoy some bourbon but not with the punch of having it neat or on ice. Hey, if it has green tea it's healthy right ? ;)
Have you tried a cockTEAl drink recipe that you've loved?!