Tea is for more than drinking.
Until I get my hands on some matcha I'm going to keep baking cupcakes and cookies with the tea in my collection because the result is oh so good!
This chai tea from Wight Tea Co has to be one of the best chai teas I've ever had so I thought to myself, this will probably be delicious in cookies!
- 2 sticks butter salted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chai tea crushed up
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. This all depends on your oven. Mine is really hot so I have it on 350 but if your oven isn't as strong you could stand to put it up to 375
- Mix the butter and sugar then add in the vanilla.
- Separably combine flour and chai tea. Add the dry ingredients to the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Form the dough into a log shape to fit the size you want your cookies to be. Wrap with saran wrap and freeze for 20-40 min.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and cut your cookies to desired thickness. Bake for 11 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips with a double boiler or a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Dip cooled cookies in melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt