Ok, ok.. I know that's not a word but I retrieved a print from Lily & Val! Valerie is an incredible artist and hand draws these images with chalk on a chalk board then digitizes them. I was so excited to get this in the mail.
Today was really gloomy and this print got here just in time. Life is what you bake it is probably going to be my new life motto!
I decided to take a basic earl grey cookie recipe and use ceylon tea instead.
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed ceylon leaves (or tea of your choice)
- Zest the orange!
- Crush the tea leaves!
- Cream butter with sugar and add orange zest
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture
- Cut the dough in half and roll into logs on parchment paper
- Wrap parchment paper around logs and place in freezer until the logs are firm
- Cut the logs into slices and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 13 -15 minutes or until edges are golden brown
Review: Delicious and buttery. The orange zest is a subtle but great addition to the taste.
Regrets: I didn't crush the tea leaves as much as I should have