I recently fell in love with Matcha and although I've tried it several times and wanted to try something new. I have tried many tea infused sweets and have been itching to try all these delicious sounding matcha recipes! After much research, I decided on matcha donuts!
At first, I was really disappointed that I couldn't find a regular donut pan but then I found a mini donut pan at Marshalls!
You might be thinking, mini donuts? Why would you want MINI donuts? The answer is obvious, mini donuts means I can eat MORE donuts!
How freaking cute are these??!
- 3/4 cup cake flour. If you don't have cake flour you can fill a measuring cup with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch then the rest with regular flour. Make sure to sift it together.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Pumeli Matcha
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salted melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the icing
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add in all of the wet ingredients
4. Fill icing bag with the batter and fill your molds 3/4 of the way through
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean
6. Let the donuts cool and then dip into the melted chocolate and top with sprinkles if desired. Tip: if you don't have a double boiler you can just stack pots to melt the chocolate or you can even fill a bowl with boiling water and place another bowl on top and mix chocolate chips until they are melted!
These were delicious! I highly suggest trying them! If you do try them, let me know how you like them!