Recipe by me!
My step father's mom is an excellent cook AND baker. Grandmere makes a MEAN rhubarb pie. One summer day she asked me if I wanted to help her make rhubarb pie for dessert that night and I've been hooked on baking ever since. It's such an amazing process, like a chemistry experiment and it brings so much joy to the people I share it with.
I've always wanted to make up my own recipes but never knew where to start. There are so many recipes that I've made over and over again where I don't even need to look at the proportions because I know them by heart. I decided to start small with a twist on chocolate chip cookies!
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Put the chocolate chips and coconut aside to use at the end
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Cream the butter and sugar in a larger bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla
- Beat in the dry mixture into the larger bowl
- Add chocolate chips and coconut
- Place tablespoon size or a bit larger balls on the baking sheet a few inches apart
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown