Pecans & Mini Chocolate Chips & Egg less, edible batter
Are you looking for a simple cookie recipe? This is my personal favorite. These are technically pecan sandies with chocolate chips but are much softer as opposed to the classic shortbread consistency of pecan sandies! Below is the recipe I used which I adopted from here
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Basically you add all these ingredients together and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes but I have a few suggestions.
- Cream the sugar first because it makes for a more even tasting cookie
- One cup of pecans & one cup of mini chocolate chips is an estimate. I usually pour some, mix it in and keep pouring until I think the batter is pecan and chocolate chip filled
- TASTE THE BATTER! There are no eggs and therefore no risk!
P.s. When I made this batch I tried a sprinkle of cinnamon in the batter and if you're into that I would suggest it, great hint of flavor!