Black Tea & Rooibos
Bring on the chai! This Portland rose city chai from Plum Deluxe came in the mail, I had one whiff of it, and I KNEW that I needed to make muffins with it!
The fun thing about muffins is that they have both butter AND milk. I wanted this to be potent so because the amount of milk was less than the amount of butter I decided to infuse the tea in the butter. I think if you wanted the flavor to really come through, you could infuse the butter and the milk.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Portland Rose City Chai infused milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter. Melt it and cool it.
- 2 eggs, beat slightly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
This tea is very interesting to me because it has black tea AND rooibos. These two are a great combination and create a rich flavor. The rose and blackberry contribute a beautiful fragrance to the tea. I love the combination of ingredients and totally understand why this is a hit!
- Oven should be at 350 -400 depending on hot hot your oven gets. I put muffin liners in the muffin tin and then sprayed the liners.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Once combined, make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour this mixture in the well of the other bowl. Mix all of these together gently.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan and fill 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. I baked mine for 15 minutes and they were perfect!
- Take the muffins out of the tin and let them cool on a wire rack
While these muffins are baking, your home will fill with the most amazing smell. The berry and almond, are strong and fragrant.
This tea blend truly makes these muffins as good as they are. There are no chocolate chips or nuts but the taste of the tea blend makes these delicious!