I owed some sweets to my brother in law Keenan. He LOVES peanut butter and requested these classic peanut butter cookies!
These are simple and a favorite among most families but I have never made them! They are easy to make and delicious
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter, sugar, eggs and peanut butter in a bowl.
- Combine all the dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and add to the wet mixture
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more if you can!
- Oven should be preheated to 375 (my oven is hot so I did 350) Roll dough balls to desired size and make a cross fork pattern on each by pressing the prongs of the fork onto the cookie. I didn't flatten mine very much because I like thicker cookies :)
- Bake for 8-10 min or until they begin to brown
- Chow down!
- Because this recipe has a lot of sugar already I used a "natural" peanut butter with very little sugar. I would suggest doing this unless you want uber sweet cookies
- The butter melts quickly in these so make sure to refrigerate until the dough is pretty stiff, otherwise you'll get flat cookies.
Do you have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe? If so please SHARE :)